- Please do not bring your child to the daycare when he or she is sick. Please use your best judgment if you feel that your child is too sick to be around the other children. Please call or send an e-mail by 8am if your child will not be attending childcare that day.
- We do not offer medication to children in our care. We therefore ask parents to give medication before bringing their children whenever necessary.
If your child has a contagious illness, they cannot come to the daycare until:
- They have been cleared by a doctor stating that they are no longer contagious and are clear to be around other children (Usually 24 hours after antibiotic treatment has begun and/or 24 hours after symptoms have subsided: Depending on the illness).
- When I, the Daycare Provider, give the final ok for the child to return to the daycare, per my own daycare policies.
- If your child is ill over the weekend or when away from the daycare, please be sure to let us know so that we can be aware in case the other children have possibly been exposed to a contagious illness.
- If we feel that your child is too sick to be at the daycare, we will call you to pick up your child ASAP. If your child has a fever of 100 degree or higher, we will call you to pick up your child ASAP. Your child must be picked up within that hour that we call to notify you of the illness.
- Your child cannot attend the daycare with a fever of 100 degree or higher. The child must also be fever free for a minimum of 24 hours before returning to daycare. (i.e. fever free without the aid of a fever reducing substance). Giving your child Tylenol to reduce the fever before arriving at the daycare in the morning is unacceptable because the fever will reappear and the child will still have to be sent home.
Reasons why the child cannot come to daycare:
*Fever of 100 degrees or higher
*Cold with yellow or green nasal discharge
*Constant clear runny nose
*Persistent phlegmy cough
*Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu)
*Persistent diarrhea (even if a reaction to antibiotics)
*Hand Foot Mouth Disease (Herpangina)
*Fifth Disease (Slapped Cheek Disease)
*Any type of rash or blisters
We lovingly ask children to stay from childcare if they have any of the above examples of contagious diseases. Each individual case is different and may require more or less time out but will always require a doctor's note to return stating that the child is totally well and non-contagious in order to return. If you feel that your child is sick with a contagious illness, please verify with a doctor that your child is clear to come to daycare before bringing him/her to the daycare. Then confirm with me, the Daycare Provider, if it is okay for the child to return to daycare.
This is for the protection of your child, all other daycare children present and the daycare provider. A doctor's note will show that your child is cleared by a doctor, but you must abide by the daycare sick policies first, regarding when a child can or cannot come to daycare. It is our hope to keep the daycare as germ-free and sick-free as possible. Once ONE child comes to the daycare sick, he or she is exposing everyone to that illness. It can be a horrible sick cycle! So let’s keep it healthy. If a child continually comes to the daycare sick and the parents do not abide by the daycare sick policies, then childcare will be terminated by the daycare provider.